Data Integration releases whitepaper: securing against the new unknown
25 Apr 2012
LONDON, 25 April 2012 – Data Integration, the network and system integrator owned by Xchanging (LSE: XCH), today announced publication of a new whitepaper which explores how customers can build an outside-in, inside-out security strategy with next generation solutions. It is available online at http://www.dataintegration.com/our-solutions/next-generation-security
The whitepaper highlights how the changes in working practices, ubiquitous connectivity, the proliferation of ‘smart’ mobile devices and the evolution of our online world are causing huge and fundamental effects to the security landscape we see today and predict for tomorrow. External threats are still being given most prominence by organisations, with externally sourced attacks accounting for around 80% of the baseline threat level. The other 20% are internally initiated, whether maliciously or via user manipulation techniques such as phishing, spyware and trojan propagation. These cannot be ignored or easily controlled via traditional security solutions, especially when balanced against the need to enable users to take advantage of their connected, collaborative world.
Adrian Taylor, Chief Technology Officer at Data Integration commented, “Organisations still need to build impenetrable external doors as before, but now with the capability to identify and control users, content and application data traffic coming into their organisations from multiple sources. Instead of a traditional dual layer of highly controlled, monitored and maintained perimeter security measures, the defences now need to flex intelligently and dynamically, and to move to reflect the constantly shifting front line of the security battle in modern organisations”.
For your copy of the whitepaper, click here.
For further information, please contact:
Xchanging Technology Services
Tel: +44 (0)20 7780 5509
About Data Integration, an Xchanging company
Data Integration is one of the UK’s leading networking, security and communication technology providers. Acquired by Xchanging, the business process and technology services provider, the company is now part of Xchanging’s Technology business.
Data Integration specialises in network security, mobility solutions and high performance networks serving more than 300 customers in the UK, spanning the private and public sectors.
« Back to News